Talent Acquisition Lead / Head of Talent (Remote, Canada)
At Tiny Mile, We are excited and strongly believe that putting robots in the streets of Canada would solve the last mile delivery problem. A category defining moment in the last mile delivery where we make it sustainable, ecological and affordable for our customers providing a safe and contactless delivery option.
Our team consists of a diverse group of people coming from all walks of life. People from Uber ATG, some have built billion dollar robotics companies and others come from quirky backgrounds who love robotics!
We're backed by amazing investors who believe in our team going after a huge market. We're about to hit an inflection point in our company. We're ready to grow again. Come pick a seat in our rocket ship and strap on. We're about to take off.
Why what we do matters
Last-mile is the highest polluting segment. Given the continuous rise of e-commerce, it is expected the total carbon emissions will increase 30% by 2030 because of the last-mile. Our robots not only have zero emissions but use as little electricity as a light bulb.
People spend on average approximately 10 hours running errands and doing groceries each week. If delivery was reliable, instantaneous and cost cents it would free people from carrying these tasks. If there are 2.93 million people in Toronto, we would be giving back 29.3 million hours to people to spend with their families and what they care about.
Imagine a small bookstore delivering their books for cents to the entire city in half an hour or less. Transportation has always been the backbone of the economy and delivery robots will ease trade and foster unprecedented economic growth.
During this pandemic, we are helping keep small businesses in business while also keeping their customers safe.
What you will do
Reporting into our Founder and CEO, our Talent Lead will be contributing in the following areas:
- You will lead full-cycle technical recruiting for Tiny Mile and own the entire Talent function.
- You will participate in the development, execution, and refinement of a world class recruitment strategy for locating, evaluating and attracting top tier talent.
- You will provide expert guidance and training to Hiring Managers and interviewing teams on interviewing techniques and best practices.
- You will partner with our Marketing team to plan and execute employer branding strategies & activities
- You will continually seek out optimization opportunities with talent acquisition software, systems, tools and hiring processes.
- You will stay up to date on cutting edge modern day trends and innovations in recruiting techniques and best practices.
- Manage company wide communication of upcoming internal and external roles
- 5+ years of recruitment experience in parallel to developing and implementing end-to-end recruitment initiatives, preferably within a technology driven, high growth startup environment
- You understand headcount planning, budgeting and resource forecasting and work with hiring managers to build out reasonable recruitment timelines.
- Strong technical sourcing capabilities with proven track record of engaging passive candidates and building diverse pipelines
- Strong operational experience with reporting and data-driven approaches to drive strategy and achieve hiring goals
- Strategic, organized and able to prioritize and manage multiple tasks at a time
- Strong ability to manage multiple stakeholders across all functions and strong judgment skills
- Your influence makes an impact. You know that relationships and networks are essential to success. You inspire outcomes through partnership and collaboration
- You are a champion of culture to align our team members with Tiny Mile’s core principals.
- You're passionate about people. You find meaning in relationships, and surround yourself with a diverse network of partners. You build trust through respect and authenticity.
- You are open to transparent feedback as we encourage open dialogue and provide candid feedback to help each other succeed
- You are an ambitious top performer, you persevere through intense obstacles
Why You’ll Love Working at Tiny Mile
- We are customer-obsessed - Our mission is to reduce the last mile cost. In addition, provide excellent customer service, ecologically, sustainably and affordably.
- We think big - Putting robots in the streets is no easy feat. We work towards that, which means every day we get to invent and experiment with new ways on how to achieve that.
- We are learners and doers - We never stop learning and implement new knowledge in our company. Always open to new ideas backed with good data.
- We're passionate about giving our team members room to grow.
- We are Tiny Milers - We are ok in ambiguity. Have a bias for action. Collaborative in nature. Lastly, we strive for the highest standards.
What You'll Get From Us
- Remote-first workforce
- Flexible work hours
- Competitive Salaries
- Meaningful Employee Stock Options
- Comprehensive health & dental benefits
- Come as you are and harness your full potential.
- Challenging problems to solve that leverage your already expertise in engineering.
- Be part of a group where you do impactful work. Putting robots in the streets is no easy feat
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We’re committed to growing and empowering an inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. We hire and cultivate diverse teams of the best and brightest from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. Our belief is that true innovation begins when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.
Ready to make an impact? Let’s discover together whether you could be a great fit at Tiny Mile. Join us!