Help shape the future with us!
About Tiny Mile:
We build robots that make last-mile delivery faster, cheaper and greener.
Tiny Mile robots are designed and custom-built for public sidewalks. Our robots are remotely-piloted and provide a contactless delivery option.
Our team is committed to bringing innovative technologies to local communities safely and reliably.
Since 2020, we've raised $10M in funding from investors who believe Tiny Mile has hit an inflection point. Some of our investors include Animo Ventures, Bedrock, Golden Ventures and Naspers.
Why Tiny Mile exists:
We're solving a real problem.
The transportation sector is among the highest polluters, accounting for 29% of greenhouse gas emissions. Urban last-mile delivery emissions alone are set to increase by 30% by 2030 due to the rise in e-commerce.
Our robots use as much electricity as a lightbulb, are fully electric, and free up congested road space by 'right-sizing' vehicles for local small parcel delivery. Imagine getting medication from your local pharmacy delivered in -20 Celsius weather for less than it costs to fill the prescription.
Transportation has always been the backbone of the economy. Our delivery robots are here to ease trade and foster economic growth.
Join us and be part of this uncharted territory!
What you’ll be doing:
Reporting to our CEO, the Senior Electrical Engineer will work with a team of Hardware and Software Engineers to develop the next delivery robot platform. You’ll collaborate with this cross-functional team to pursue the balance of product performance, schedule and cost.
The Senior Electrical Engineer will:
- Design, develop and maintain vehicle EE architectures and own associated work product
- PCB and/or electronic module design and development process, including communicating with manufacturers. Including PCB bring-up and debug efforts
- Optimize/invent circuits and functions for better performance and lower cost
- Work cross-functionally with Software, Hardware, Product, System and Safety teams
- Handle documentation required to release the product to operations
What we’re looking for:
- Solid automotive and/or robotics industry experience in electrical engineering, including architecture design
- Experience with using lab tools such as oscilloscopes, and logic analyzers
- Possess a nurtured knowledge of Linux and comfortable working in various Linux environments
- Experienced in power electronics design, and validation in powertrain system, including inverter, motor drive, EMI compliance and system optimization
- Ability to program using C/C++ and/or Rust
- Excited to advance projects from the concept/development phase through launch and mass production
Nice to haves:
- Experience with:
- Camera sensors
- Audio Amplifiers
- Brushless Motor drivers
- Battery Management Systems/Power monitoring
Technologies we use:
- Frontend: Typescript, React, React-Native
- Backend: Go
- Infrastructure: Google Cloud, Kubernetes, Pulumi
- Electrical: Altium Designer, STM32Cube Suite
- Design: Figma, Figjam, Illustrator
- Geoffrey: Embedded Systems, Real-Time Operating Systems, Pink Powder Coating
What you can expect from us:
- Growth: You’ll be an early employee working directly with a cross-functional team that spans mechanical engineers to robot pilots. In an innovative market where everything moves swiftly, so do we.
- Leadership: Our CEO, Ignacio, truly empowers all team members to impact Tiny Mile and our future.
- Employee stock option plan: We offer flexibility regarding your salary and equity balance. You select what’s best for you.
- Vacation: 15 days each year to rest, recharge, and enjoy.
- Benefits on day one: For employees in Canada, we provide a healthcare benefits package that includes extended medical, dental, vision, life, and travel insurance. Employees outside of Canada are offered comparable benefits.
- Universal health days: Take unlimited days off related to your physical, mental, and emotional health.
- Learning focus: Develop in your role by utilizing your $500 yearly training stipend.
- Home office setup: You’ll get a laptop and up to $400 to set up your home office.
- Flexible location: We want you to work where you’re most productive, from your home or our office (or robot factory) in downtown Toronto. We use various virtual tools to help us stay connected and fortify our goals.
- Flexible schedule: Our hours are flexible so that you can work when you’re most productive. Easily adjust your hours so that you can manage projects, adapt to unexpected changes, and set aside time for yourself.
A note about compensation:
We believe in pay transparency. That’s why we include a compensation range in all of our postings.
The range is in Canadian dollars (unless otherwise stated) and includes base salary and equity. During your first interview with Tiny Mile, we’ll go into more detail about total compensation.
An offer is determined by assessing your related skills, experience, internal equity and market competitiveness.
We want to hear from you:
We welcome people from all backgrounds to apply.
Our team is curious and passionate about our work and how to shape the future of last-mile delivery.
We're an equal opportunity employer, and we're committed to working with applicants requesting accommodation at any stage of the hiring process. Please let us know how we can best assist you.