Help shape the future of robotics with us!
About Tiny Mile:
We’re making last-mile delivery faster, cheaper and greener.
We deploy remotely-piloted electric sidewalk robots that provide a safe, contactless delivery option to restaurants, pharmacies, and other retail partners and their customers.
We’ve raised $10M in funding from notable investors who believe Tiny Mile has hit an inflection point. Some of our investors include Animo Ventures, Bedrock, Golden Ventures and Naspers.
Why Tiny Mile exists:
We’re solving a real problem.
The transportation sector is among the highest polluters, accounting for 29% of greenhouse gas emissions. Urban last-mile delivery emissions alone are set to increase by 30% by 2030 due to the rise in e-commerce.
Our robots use as much electricity as a lightbulb, are fully electric, and free up congested road space by 'right-sizing' vehicles for local small parcel delivery. Imagine getting medication from your local pharmacy delivered in -20 Celsius weather for less than it costs to fill the prescription.
Transportation has always been the backbone of the economy. Our delivery robots are here to ease trade and foster economic growth. Join us and be part of this uncharted territory!
What you’ll be doing:
Reporting to our CEO, the Full Stack Software Engineer will build tech from day one that’s immediately deployed in the real world. Imagine being able to tell your friends and family that you helped put some of the first robots on sidewalks!
We’re looking for a Full Stack Software Engineer that will help us write software that enables us to ingest orders from different point of sale systems, assign the orders to specific robots and help us track and visualize all the data created by our robots to keep them healthy. Furthermore, you’ll be working on a UI that controls robots remotely.
The Full Stack Software Engineer will:
- Develop and own applications for the front and backend
- Help build Tiny Mile by working on core foundational and feature projects
- Architect solutions that are easy to understand, maintain and scale
- Scale our system for our growing number of robots in the field
- Collaborate with software and hardware engineers to build and release applications
What we’re looking for:
- 5+ years of experience in software development
- Experience with React and Typescript (experience with Go is a plus)
- Experience with CI/CD pipelines and version control
- Experience deploying and managing Kubernetes workloads
- Experience with leadership using Agile/Scrum
- A love of learning and experimenting with new things and applying them quickly
Technologies we use:
- Frontend: React, React-Native, Typescript
- Backend: Go
- Infrastructure: Google Cloud, Kubernetes, Pulumi
- Geoffrey: Embedded Systems, Real-Time Operating Systems, Pink Spray Paint
What you can expect from us:
- Growth. You’ll be an early employee working directly with a cross-functional team that spans mechanical engineers to robot pilots.
- Leadership. Our CEO, Ignacio Tartavull, truly empowers all members of our team to have an impact on Tiny Mile and our future.
- Employee stock option plan. We offer flexibility regarding your salary and equity balance. You select what’s best for you.
- Benefits on day one. For employees in Canada, we provide a healthcare benefits package that includes extended medical, dental, vision, life, and travel insurance. Candidates outside of Canada are offered comparable benefits.
- Universal health days. Take unlimited days off related to your physical, mental, and emotional health.
- Learning focus. Develop in your role by utilizing our $500 yearly training stipend.
- Home office setup. You’ll get a laptop and up to $400 to set up your home office.
- Flexible location. We want you to work where you’re most productive, from your home or our office (or robot factory!) in downtown Toronto.
- Flexible schedule. Our hours are flexible so that you can work when you’re most productive.
We want to hear from you:
We welcome people from all backgrounds to apply.
Our team is curious and passionate about our work and how to shape the future of last-mile delivery.
We’re an equal opportunity employer, and we’re committed to working with applicants requesting accommodation at any stage of the hiring process. Please let us know how we can best assist you.